Month In Review - June 2017

Disclaimer - It must be noted that I like analyzing data and trends. So the observations I am making, are just that. They are not be interpreted as complaints. I am very grateful to the powers that be for all the good fortune we have been bestowed in life. 

We were on course to to spending less than May 2017, which was an amazing month for us, but it wasn’t to be. I ended up switching auto insurance from GIECO to State Farm, and I made a payment of $221.65.

I switched from GIECO to State Farm because GICEO kept rising up the prices steadily over the years, and State Farm was offering better coverage, roadside assistance and lower premium.

Our overall expenditure for the month of June is $859.85.

Without the insurance payment, we would have spent a total of $638.20, which is $52.6 less than the month of May.

Overall spending in June 2017

Another interesting thing to note, our food spending (groceries and eating out combined) of $284.51 was the highest in the last 18 months. I did not go check the spending for 2015, but I am willing to bet I did not spend as much in any given month in 2015. I am not particularly concerned about this, but as always, I am going to continue to look for ways to minimize waste.

I am going to predict that the month of July is going to be a little bit more expensive. We might even go beyond our ideal target of staying under $1000 per month because we have some plans for the weekend of July 15th. I will also be buying some games and maybe a mechanical keyboard. I am not decided on the keyboard yet.

2 comments:

  1. Where is the cost of health insurance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah,

      Because health insurance is deducted before tax, I did not account for it. I suppose I should. I am basically tracking spending of my take home pay.

      But if I were to account for it, my health insurance would be around $70 per month (I think...)

      Delete